Hair Transplant In Moga
Everything you need to know about hair transplant surgical treatment
Ameliorate Treatment for Hair loss
Hair loss is a common issue that has become a part of people’s lifestyles. It cannot be avoided till the time you have taken a distinctive measure. The improved hair restoration techniques have helped the patients to deal with hair loss, once and for all. Not to mention, it helps in regaining self-confidence and self-esteem which is lost with hair loss. With the advent of new technology, there has been an increased demand for Hair Transplant in Moga, Ludhiana, and many other parts of Punjab. Moreover, the Hair Transplant cost in Moga, and Ludhiana is budget-friendly as compared to other parts of India.
What is a Hair transplant?
Hair Transplant is a surgical procedure during which the surgeon moves the hair follicles from one part of the scalp to another. It means extracting them from the part which has healthy hair and then implanting them where hair growth is less. The procedure is carried out in the surgeon’s office and local anesthesia is administered to the patient.
Hair loss occurs due to the pattern of baldness and genetics. Apart from that, there are other reasons like:
- Hormonal Imbalance
What are the types of a hair transplant?
Hair transplant is of 2 types:
- Slit Grafts
With slit grafts, there are around 4 to 10 hairs per graft. With micrograft, there are 1 to 2 hairs per graft. Depending on how much coverage, the hair grafts will be transplanted.
Who can get the Benefit of a Hair Transplant?
This improved technology can benefit anyone to have improved looks and increased self-confidence. For this treatment, the category of good candidates are:
- Women with thin hair
- Men experiencing male pattern baldness
- A patient who has lost hair due to scalp injury or burn
What is the procedure for a hair transplant?
Before the surgical intervention, a small needle is used to numb the treated part of the scalp by administering local anesthesia. The 2 most integral treatment options are:
- FUE (Follicular Unit Transplantation): During FUE, the hair follicles are taken right from the scalp by doing thousands of tiny punches. Here’s is the breakdown of the procedure:The surgeon makes tiny holes with the blade where hair grafts need to be transplanted. Very precisely they are put in the holes.
- During one session, 100 or 1000s of the hair graft are implanted.
- Once it is done, the scalp is covered with the bandage, gauze, or graft.
The procedure will take 4 to 8 hours. It takes 10 days for the stitches to be removed.
What happens during a Hair Transplant?
After thoroughly cleaning your scalp, a surgeon uses a small needle to numb an area of your head with local anesthesia.
Follicular unit transplantation (FUT)
- With the help of a scalpel, the surgeon will take out the strip of scalp skin. The incision is a few inches long and is closed with stitches.
- The surgeon separates the strip of hair under the magnifying lens. Once they are transplanted it will help you get natural-looking results.
Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE)
- During FUE, the hair follicles are extracted one by one from the back of the scalp and transplanted where hair growth is extremely less.
- The procedure does not leave a scar on the scalp.
What happens after the hair transplant?
After the treatment, the scalp will be sore and you need to take the medications as prescribed by the surgeon:
- Take the pain medications
- Reduced chances of infection with antibiotics
- Anti-inflammatory medications to reduce swelling
In most cases, the patient can get back to the normal regime within a few days. It is normal to notice hair loss after the surgery as it helps the new hair growth to come into its place. Mostly, hair growth can be seen within 8 to 12 months.
Discuss the expected outcome with the surgeon and ensure that your expectations are realistic.